Waterloo Residences acknowledges that we live and work on the traditional territory of the Neutral, Anishinaabeg, and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes ten kilometers on each side of the Grand River.
One of the best ways to participate in campus life is to live in residence!
This process is designed for students who have, or suspect they may have, a disability for which they would like to request housing accommodations.
Housing accommodations can be made for medical, sensory, physical, environmental, psychological, allergy/dietary restrictions, or mental health conditions.
The process for requesting a housing accommodation is as follows:
- Download and print off our Housing Disability Verification Form.
- Make an appointment with your registered health care professional to complete the Housing Disability Verification Form.
- Upload your completed Housing Disability Verification Form as soon as possible.
For incoming students participating in the 2019 First year residence guarantee to be guaranteed a reasonable accommodation based on their documented need:
- June 3, 2019
For any other student type:
- We accept documentation on a rolling basis. Please follow the process outlined above.
- Once the recommendation is received the student will receive a residence assignment that meets the documented need or be re-assigned to an appropriate space.
- For academic accommodations please register with Accessibility Services.
- For dietary accommodations please connect with Food Services on how they can best accommodate you in residence.
- Taller than 6’4”/193 cm? Please indicate this on the application form.
- Please note that housing accommodations are only for the student requesting the accommodation, and may not include current or potential roommates.
- While a student may feel strongly they should be placed in a specific residence, assignments are based on space availability, needs identified in the documentation received and adherence to the deadline.
- A student does have the right to waive the recommendation to stay in their current room assignment.
- If you have been assigned to one of the University College Residences, you will need to connect directly with them for questions regarding their facilities.