The main source of information about applying to Waterloo is our Future Students website.


Transferring to Recreation and Leisure Studies

  • Information for transfer students.
  • Things to consider:

    • If you enter Recreation and Leisure Studies with transfer credits that exceed 6.75 units (13 courses), you will not be eligible for co-op. Students who receive 6.5 units of transfer credit or less will be considered for co-op on an individual basis.

    • As soon as you've accepted your offer of admission and provided all of your previous course information for transfer credit assessment, an academic advisor will assist you with your course and work term planning to complete your degree requirements as efficiently as possible.
    • Entering the program with transfer credits that place you at a level higher than first year does not guarantee that you will complete your degree requirements in the same timeframe as non-transfer students at that level. Your custom-tailored course and co-op sequence may take additional time to complete.
  • Search for course transfers on