Tip Sheets: Support for TAs
- Many of the principles of effective teaching in a traditional university classroom also apply to online teaching.
- There are many challenges to being a teaching assistant (TA).
- All living creatures have the instinct for survival and when confronted with a perceived danger react in what is called a fight or flight response –…
- Graduate programs at Waterloo provide excellent opportunities for students to develop their research and teaching skills
- It is not uncommon for graduate students to question their competencies, abilities, and accomplishments in the areas of research and teaching.
- Whether delivering a presentation at an academic conference or giving a lecture, preparation is critical to a successful presentation
- Supervision of undergraduate and graduate student research represents an important yet not often discussed component of an academic’s workload
- Whether you are a new teaching assistant (TA) or an experienced TA for a course that is new to you, you need to know exactly what your…