Thinking about adding an experiential learning (EL) component to your course or program?
The Waterloo ExL Institute was offered for the first time on Monday, February 25 and Monday, March 4, 2019. Through peer feedback and guided work time, this intensive two-day Institute guided individuals and teams through the process of integrating an experiential learning component to their course or program.
View some of the presentations shared at the Institute:
- Course Alignment Refresher (pdf)
Presented by: Trevor Holmes, Senior Instructional Developer, Faculty Programs and Research
- Experiential Learning at Waterloo: building quality EL to prepare students for the future of work and learning (pdf)
Presented by: Norah McRae, Associate Provost, Co-operative Education and Experiential Learning
- Tools and Technologies to Support Experiential Learning (pdf)
Presented by: Kyle Scholz, Instructional Developer, Research and Consulting
- Using Reflection to Support Experiential Learning (ppt)
Presented by: Erin Kelly, Associate Director, WatPD
- Designed Teaching and Learning Research at Waterloo: tips and templates for navigating the ethics process (pdf)
Presented by: Karen Pieters, Manager, Research Ethics
Individual participants or team leads can submit an Expression of Interest for the Institute online. The application period for the 2019 Waterloo ExL Institute is now closed.
Questions? Email Amanda Brown at email@example.com