If you wish to be a full-time student at Waterloo, you'll apply through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC).
Applying through the OUAC allows you to apply to multiple Waterloo programs or to various universities in Ontario with one application.
If you plan to be a full-time student
If you plan to take 1 or 2 courses
If you've studied at Waterloo and are re-applying for admission (excluding Optometry, Social Work, and Pharmacy), please use the Application for Undergraduate Re-Admission.
- Be sure to apply by the application deadline.
- Within 2 weeks of receiving your application, we’ll email you about next steps in the admissions process. It's a good idea to add email@example.com to your contacts to ensure you receive our emails.
- View videos of tips for applying to Waterloo.
Applying to co-op programs
- To apply to a co-op program, you must check the co-op box on your OUAC application.
- If you apply to a co-op program that is also offered through the regular system of study and you're not admitted to co-op, you'll automatically be considered for the regular program if spaces are available.
- Co-op and regular systems of study are available to all students, except Biotechnology/Chartered Professional Accountancy and Mathematics/Chartered Professional Accountancy which are not available to visa students.
Applying to Engineering programs
- You may apply to one Waterloo Engineering program on your OUAC application.
- If you wish to be considered for an additional Engineering program, use Waterloo's Admission Information Form (AIF) to request this. You'll receive instructions for completing your AIF once you've applied.
- If you're interested in Architecture and an Engineering program at Waterloo, you can apply to both on your OUAC application.