Follow your passion for Arts — and make your parents happy too.
Benefit from the breadth of an Arts degree, and gain the know-how to make an impact in the world of business.
Choose the regular system of study and finish in 4 years, or add 20 months of serious work experience to your résumé. You’ve even got the option of studying abroad.
Honours Arts and Business gives you the ideal tools for a career in public relations, human resources, business, communications, marketing, project management, law, and more.
14 business courses
Through your core business courses, you'll gain an in-depth understanding of accounting, management, economics, marketing, entrepreneurship, ethics, and communication.
23 Arts majors
Pick any one of the 23 majors we offer in humanities, social sciences, languages, fine arts, or performing arts. Meanwhile, you’ll still have room to round out your degree with other courses that spark your interest.
About Honours Arts and Business
- Available as a regular or co-op program
- Starts in first year so apply directly to this program on your application
- Earn a Bachelor of Arts
- Offered by the Faculty of Arts
- Also available at Renison University College and St. Jerome's University
- Ontario students: 6 Grade 12 U and/or M courses including
- Any Grade 12 U English (minimum final grade of at least 70% is required)
- Recommended courses:
- For Anthropology; Economics; Psychology; Political Science; Sexuality, Marriage and Family Studies; Social Development Studies; and Sociology, Mathematics of Data Management is recommended
- For Economics: Calculus and Vectors is recommended, however you may opt to take an introductory calculus course in first year to acquire additional background.
- Admission average: Low 80s (co-op and regular)
- An Admission Information Form is recommended.
- Not studying in Ontario? Search our admission requirements database.
- After applying you may choose to register through Renison University College or St. Jerome's University.
September to December
January to April
After first year
Customize your degree
You can also add additional areas of interest and expertise by including a minor (or minors) as part of your degree.
Sample co-op positions
- Legal Office Assistant, Gowling Lafleur Henderson LLP
- Entrepreneurship Programmer, Trainer, and Coordinator, Waterloo Region Small Business Centre
- Junior Marketing Writer/Proofreader, Quarry Integrated Communications
- Human Resources Trainee, Interglobe Technology Quotient
- Marketing Communications Associate, Microsoft Canada
- Donor & Member Relations Coordinator, Toronto International Film Festival
- Advertising Account Planner, Microsoft Canada
- HR Coordinator, PepsiCo Canada
- Economist, Ontario Ministry of Finance
- Business Communications Manager, BlackBerry
- Team Lead, BMO Money Market Operations
Learn more about Honours Arts and Business
- Email Sam Wiebe, our Arts recruitment co-ordinator, who can answer any questions