Get inside other people’s heads.
Explore the frontiers of the mind in. Examine human behaviour from a variety of perspectives, including neuroscience, cognition, clinical, developmental, industrial/organizational, and social psychology.
Then deepen your understanding with complementary courses in other subject areas, such as physiology, anatomy, and sociology.
Want to customize your program even further? Work with one of our award-winning professors to design a directed studies course around your specific interest.
Graduate ready to make an impact. Waterloo Psychology alumni are treating mental illnesses, improving approaches to education, and creating more satisfying workplaces.
Learn from top researchers
Waterloo’s internationally renowned Psychology program consistently rates among the very best in Canada, ranking fourth in 2017 according to Maclean’s.
Serious research experience
At Waterloo, you’ll get to conduct hands-on research in our state-of-the-art labs. Take advantage of MRI machines, eye-tracking equipment, virtual reality rigs, and more.
About Psychology at Waterloo
Earn a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
International exchanges in 25 countries
Offered by the Faculty of Arts
Available as a major and minor
September to December
January to April
Choose 1 or 2 courses from:
• PSYCH 207 - Cognitive Processes
• PSYCH 211 - Developmental Psychology
• PSYCH 253 - Social Psychology
• PSYCH 257 - Psychopathology
• PSYCH 261 - Physiological Psychology
3 or 4 electives for a total of 5 classes
After first year
Customize your degree
You can also add additional areas of interest and expertise by including a minor (or minors) as part of your degree.
By alternating school terms and paid co-op work terms throughout your degree, you can explore new career areas and types of employers as your career interests evolve.
Sample co-op positions
- Project Coordinator, Investments Division, Manulife Financial
- UTSP Research Assistant, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Instructional Technology Support Assistant, Humber Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
- e-Marketing Coordinator, Soer Software Development Inc
- Marketing Coordinator, The Regional Municipality of York
- Online Communities Coordinator, Open Text Corporation
- Director of Education, Sylvan Learning Centre
- Psychologist, Credit Valley Hospital
- Child and Youth Worker, KidsLINK Respite Centre
- Project Coordinator, Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care
- Teacher, Simcoe County District School Board