Notice: There are a few updates to the reports and how they will appear in the Detailed Salary Reporting System:
- 2019 reports will combine both PeopleSoft (previous HR system) and Workday (new HR system as of January, 2019) data from 2017-present.
- The Salary Disbursements by Fiscal Year and Benefits Disbursements by Fiscal Year reports will be combined into one report with a drop-down menu to select salary, benefits or both options.
- Similarly, the Salary Disbursements – Data and Benefits Disbursements – Data reports will be combined into one report.
- Reports previously labelled “Encumbrances” will now be labelled “Commitments”.
Table of Contents
The reports can be found on the Human Resources website under Self Service.
Please enter your WatIAM username and password for access.
After logging on, the following folders may be found under the home folder depending on the access you have been granted (You may have to click on browse to go to home in case favourites have been setup)
- Detailed Salary Expense Reporting
- Detailed Scholarship Payment Reporting
Click on the Detailed Salary Expense Reporting folder to access reports shown in the screenshot below.
All the report data, filtering and filter parameters are automatically adjusted based on your access level. The basic steps for running the reports are:
- Click on a report under Detailed Salary Expense Reporting
- Select filter parameters for setting up reporting criteria:
- Checkbox in the drop down allows multiple values to be selected (multi-select)
- Dropdowns without a checkbox are single select only
- Text boxes allow any text or numbers to be entered
- Click on ‘View Report’.
Please click on the report names to get more information about running each report (please note you will require access to the reports in order to view the supporting material).
|HR0001F Salary and Benefits Disbursements by Fiscal Year||Formatted||Print Friendly|
|HR0002F Salary Commitments by Fiscal Year||Formatted||Print Friendly|
|HR0003F Combined Salary Disbursements and Commitments by Fiscal Year||Formatted||Print Friendly|
|HR0030D Salary and Benefits Disbursements - Data||Data||Easily exportable to MS Excel for more analysis|
|HR0055D Benefits Summary by Components||Formatted||Print Friendly|
|HR0060D Salary Disbursements - Exceptions Report||Data||Easily exportable to MS Excel for more analysis|
You can subscribe to reports to be delivered to a windows folder by using to related actions button as follows:
Provide a schedule, destination and credentials (read/ write) to access the destination as needed.
Account and posting attributes – The new University chart of accounts consists of up to 4 pieces of information namely; account, work order, activity & student type. In most cases, only the first 3 pieces are necessary. Descriptions and listings of each segment value can be found on the Finance website.
Encumbrance – is a promise to pay a particular amount of money in the future and in exchange for a good or service that has not yet been provided. In the context of the University, an encumbrance is created for payroll commitments. It ceases to be an encumbrance when paid-out. The salary encumbrance represents the full year’s salary and wages (or the remainder of the year’s unpaid amount) for all currently filled positions at a given time.
The University community can request support and provide feedback for the Detailed Salary and Scholarship reporting service by emailing: rt-HR-Requests@rt.uwaterloo.ca.