Conference date: Thursday, April 28, 2016
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Conference!
This year’s Conference theme was an opportunity to open up discussions with our colleagues, our students, and ourselves around the beliefs we hold about challenges, setbacks, and failure in the context of teaching and learning at the University.
How do these beliefs shape the ways in which we approach our work? How do we work to cultivate a culture that encourages risk-taking, growth through experimentation, and learning from our earnest attempts that lead to failure? What measures can we put in place to ensure that the members of our community have the opportunity to flounder, perhaps fail, and flourish? We asked these questions, and more. The result was a day full of rich sessions and engaging conversations.
- Conference Program Updated April 27 (PDF)
- Session Descriptions
- Important Notes for Participants and Presenters
- Keynote session: "Make Mistakes: Fail to Succeed" by Dr. Michael Starbird, University of Texas at Austin
- Igniting our Practice session: Greta Kroeker (History) and Troy Vasiga (Computer Science)
- Conference theme
- Resources: Links to articles, books, videos, websites, and quotations on the topic of challenge and failure. Please send us a message if you have a resource that you would like to share with us.