For this year's University of Waterloo Teaching and Learning Conference, we will be using EasyChair conference management software for the proposal review process. Please follow the steps below to submit your reviews.
Reviews of conference proposals are due Wednesday, February 22, 2020.
Note: There may be a delay in creating your Easychair account. If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please contact us.
Creating an EasyChair account
- If you have not done so already, create an EasyChair account by going to the EasyChair website and clicking on "create an account." You will be required to provide your name and email address. Please use your University of Waterloo email address.
- You will receive an email confirming your request for an account. Click on the link in the email.
- The link will lead you to an account set-up page. You will be asked to provide a user name, your name, organization, address, and password. Click on "Create my account."
- You will be able to login to the EasyChair website using your new user name and password. The main page contains conference information, contact information, and important dates.
Confirming your intention to review proposals
- You will receive a separate email from EasyChair for every conference proposal that you have been assigned to review, and will be required to confirm your intention to review each proposal.
- Log into your account. Please note: EasyChair might recognize you as an “author” and/or “sub-reviewer.” You may have to change your role to “sub-reviewer” on the system to access your proposals for review. To change your role:
- click on the “UWTL 2019” tab at the top of the page
- select “Change role,” and
- select the sub-reviewer role.
- You should arrive at a page titled “My Review Requests for UWTL 2020”, which lists your review requests. To access a submission to review, click on the number.
- Alternatively, you will also find your review requests under the Alert menu. Click on the icon under “View” for each review request.
- You will now see the conference proposal information. Click on “Answer Request” on the top right hand corner of the page.
- Click on “I agree to review this submission” and confirm your intention to review the submission by writing a quick confirmation in the message box (e.g., “yes”). You can also choose not to send a message (in this case, you must unselect “Send Email” at the bottom). Click on “Select and/or Send Email.”
Submitting your reviews
- Note: to view the proposal and review form simultaneously, you will need to right click on "Submit review" and choose "open in new tab" or "open in new window".
- In the top right hand corner of the page, click on “Submit review.”
- You will now be able to evaluate the proposal using different criteria, include written comments, as well as provide an overall evaluation of the proposal.
- Click on "Submit review" once you have finished the review.
- To change a review once you have submitted it, please email the conference organizers with your changes.
For further information about this year's conference, including information about the conference theme, speakers, call for proposals, and more, visit the University of Waterloo Teaching and Learning Conference website. For information about previous conferences, visit the Teaching and Learning Conference Looking Back webpage.