Paying for your education
At Waterloo, we're committed to helping you make sure that lack of money doesn't get in the way of your success.
Ontario Student Access Guarantee
- In accordance with Ontario's Student Access Guarantee, the University ensures that Ontario students in need have access to the resources they require for their tuition, books, and mandatory fees.
University of Waterloo Guarantee of Undergraduate Student Financial Support
- The University guarantees to fund unmet need as defined by the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) or a student assistance program from another Canadian province.*
- The University aspires to identify students in need and ensure that all eligible students admitted to full-time undergraduate programs have the financial assistance necessary to complete their studies.
- Students are required to seek financial support from all sources, including family, employment, loans, and government support programs.
For complete details, visit the Student Awards and Financial Aid website.
*Note: The University determines unmet need by using OSAP allowable costs minus the student's expected resources. Where other provincial jurisdictions include institutional bursaries as a resource, the University is not in a position to provide further bursary assistance to replace/repay loan overpayments.
Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)
- Government loans and bursaries for Ontario residents (as defined by OSAP) to help you finance your education.
- Application forms are available on the OSAP website in early May.
- Visit Waterloo's Student Awards & Financial Aid website for details on how to apply for OSAP.
Entrance Bursary information and application for Fall 2014 will be available in February 2014.
In addition to Waterloo's Entrance Bursary for first-year students, you may be eligible to receive one of the following Waterloo bursaries. You must apply for OSAP. An application form is required.
The Work-study program provides on-campus part-time jobs for full-time students who need help in covering their education-related costs.