At Waterloo, you'll receive an admissions decision for each program you apply to.
Offers of admission are made on a rolling basis between January and May as we receive updated grades from high schools. The date you may receive an offer of admission depends on the program you've applied to, your grade average, and any special entrance requirements. The Faculties of Engineering and Mathematics make admission decisions in March and May only.
We want to consider all students fairly, so we may wait for updated grades from schools before making many of our admission decisions.
When are offers of admission sent?
Ontario high school students (if you applied using the 101 application)
- All of our offers of admission will be made by May 28, 2019, and you will have until June 3, 2019 to respond. If you know that Waterloo is the university you wish to attend, you're encouraged to accept your offer as soon as you receive it.
- Other universities may ask for a response before June 3. If you've accepted an offer prior to June 3 – either from Waterloo or from another university – and you wish to change your mind, you may do so without penalty up to June 3.
- No Ontario university may require a financial commitment from you before June 3.
All other students (if you applied using the 105 application)
- Most of our offers of admission are made on a continuing basis as we receive updated grades.
- You'll have until June 3, 2019, to accept an Offer of Admission dated up to May 28. If you're admitted after May 28, you'll have 14 calendar days to confirm your acceptance.
Conditions on your Offer of Admission
Most offers of admission have conditions that need to be met by a certain date (usually over the summer). Conditions could include achieving a minimum final average or grade in a required course, submitting final transcripts, sending English language requirements, and more.
Can you defer your Offer of Admission?
If you wish to take time before university to work, travel, or return to high school, you can request to defer your Offer of Admission for up to a year. Many programs consider a deferral for the following fall term only.
Can you accept a different offer of admission?
If you've accepted an offer of admission and would like to accept a different one, you may do so without penalty up to June 3. Log in to your account on the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) website. Click on "Review and Change Your Completed Application" and follow the instructions to accept a different offer.
If the expiry date has passed, you may still be able to accept Waterloo's offer of admission. If clicking on "accept" does not work, you'll need to contact us at email@example.com or 519-888-4567, ext. 33106, to see whether spaces in your program are available.