The main University of Waterloo campus is in the city of Waterloo, located in southwestern Ontario with easy access to Toronto, Hamilton, and London. With more than 50,000 university and college students, the city of Waterloo is a great place to live and study.
- Main campus
- Located at 200 University Ave. West, Waterloo, Ontario.
- Home to most of our programs and facilities.
- Health Sciences campus
- Located at 10 Victoria Street South in Kitchener, about 6 km from the main campus.
- Includes both the School of Pharmacy and the McMaster/Waterloo DeGroote School of Medicine
- Pharmacy tours are typically held during Fall Open House and March Break Open House. Due to the heavy use of the building, tours cannot generally be arranged at other times.
- Google Maps route to the School of Pharmacy from the main Waterloo campus.
- School of Architecture
- Located at 7 Melville Street South in Cambridge, about 30 km from the main campus.
- Google Maps route to the School of Architecture from the main Waterloo campus.
- Stratford School of Interaction Design and Business
- When travelling north from the 401, exit at University Avenue West, which is the second University Avenue exit (just past the University Ave East exit).
- Drive about 3 km along University Avenue to Seagram Drive – the main entrance to the University of Waterloo.
- Visitor parking is in Lot C. Please refer to our parking map to see where the lot is. The cost for the day is $5.
Travelling to the main campus by bus, train, or taxi
Greyhound Canada offers service to major cities in southern Ontario, including frequent service to Toronto.
GO Transit offers service to Waterloo’s main campus daily from Mississauga and Milton. You can make connections to the entire GO Transit bus and train system at Square One, Mississauga.
A VIA Rail train station is located at 126 Weber Street West in Kitchener, Waterloo's twin city.
Travelling to Waterloo by air
The closest major airport is Pearson International Airport in Toronto, approximately 100 km east of Kitchener-Waterloo. The easiest way to reach Waterloo's main campus from the Pearson International Airport is to hire an airport limo or airporter service such as Airways Transit or to rent a car.
The Region of Waterloo International Airport is 20 km from Waterloo's main campus. The airport is served by WestJet (direct flights to Calgary). To reach Waterloo's campuses from the Region of Waterloo Airport, you'll need to rent a car or hire a taxi.
Advantages of studying in Waterloo
Studying in Waterloo Region comes with a number of advantages.
- Home to two universities and a college, the city of Waterloo is dedicated to education, and many of the businesses and services are geared toward the student population.
- The University of Waterloo is located close to Wilfrid Laurier University, the University of Guelph, and Conestoga College and often partners with these and other institutions to provide Waterloo students with the best education possible.