Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes early so you can park, check in at the Visitors Centre, and use the washroom or grab a snack before your tour starts. Bring coins to pay for parking.
Directions from parking to the Visitors Centre
- Follow University Avenue West to Seagram Drive - the main entrance to the University of Waterloo.
- Turn south onto Seagram Drive, away from the University of Waterloo entrance.
- Visitor parking is in Lot C (student permit parking), the first entrance on your right.
- Get driving directions to lot C from Google Maps.
- Park and then locate one of the blue ticketing booths.
- Parking for the day is $5. We accept credit cards or exact change in coins.
- Display your ticket face up on your dashboard.
- Walk back to the University and Seagram intersection.
- Cross University Avenue, walking towards the campus.
- View on Google Maps.
- The Visitors Centre is located in South Campus Hall, which is the building closest to the main entrance.
- Look for the "visitors centre" sign and go up the stairs.
- The Visitors Centre will be on your left when you enter the building.
Tips for your campus tour
Wear comfortable shoes and check the weather – it's a 1-hour walking tour. Your tour guide will be happy to answer your questions, so don't be shy, ask away! Here are some examples to get you started.
- Why did you decide to come to Waterloo?
- What do you like best about your program?
- What do you like best about Waterloo?
- What residence did you live in in your first year?
- What did you find the most challenging during your first year here?
- What is the most important thing you’ve learned so far?
- What is a WatCard and where can I use it?
- How large will my classes be?
- What is the social life like at Waterloo?
- What activities can I get involved in on and off campus?