Organizational & Human Development (OHD) offers a wide range of courses for the campus community on a variety of topics, from our Core Development workshops and Business Communication Certificate program to our award-winning Inclusivity series.
We are committed to employee learning, excellence, and development. Our programming allows employees to explore their potential and enhance their long-term performance at the University of Waterloo.
Explore your learning and development opportunities and register today.
Managers & Supervisors:
* New employees to the University of Waterloo are encouraged to take the Core Development workshops within their first eighteen months as part of their onboarding experience.
Please review the Calendar of Workshops
for current and upcoming offerings.
Know Before You Go
- Courses are free to all staff of the University of Waterloo (regular full and part-time staff as well as temporary staff). Everything you need will be provided to you.
- All workshops, unless specified, take place in MC 4068.
- Employees of the Affiliated and Federated Institutions will be invoiced a $75 charge to their department to attend any of these courses. Casual employees, typically, cannot enroll in OHD courses.
- Please be on time for workshops. Late attendees may not be permitted at the discretion of the workshop facilitator.
- Space is a limitation, though, as our class sizes are limited. Due to the limited course availability, it is highly recommended that you register early.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.