We are committed to employee learning, excellence, and development. Our programming allows employees to explore their potential and enhance their long-term performance at the University of Waterloo.
Explore your learning and development opportunities and register today.
Managers & Supervisors:
* New employees to the University of Waterloo are encouraged to take the Core Development workshops within their first eighteen months as part of their onboarding experience.
Please review the Calendar of Workshops for current and upcoming offerings.
Know Before You Go
- Courses are free to all staff of the University of Waterloo (regular full and part-time staff as well as temporary staff). Everything you need will be provided to you.
- Currently all workshops, unless noted, will be online and hosted in Microsoft Teams. An invite will be sent to you by the workshops facilitator(s). If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Employees of the Affiliated and Federated Institutions will be invoiced a $75 charge to their department to attend any of these courses. Casual employees, typically, cannot enroll in OHD courses.
- Please be on time for workshops. Late attendees may not be permitted at the discretion of the workshop facilitator.
- Space is a limitation, though, as our class sizes are limited. Due to the limited course availability, it is highly recommended that you register early.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
All workshops, unless specified, take place in MC 4068
For information on how to register, please review the quick course registration guide.
You can now cancel your registration through Workday*.
* Prior to cancellation, please read our cancellation policies.
Cancellation policy (New!)
OHD requires at least 72 hours notice to cancel. A cancellation less than 72 hours in advance, or failure to show up for a class for which you are registered, will result in a $75 departmental charge.
NOTE: Being unable to attend due to family emergencies, illness, or inclement weather override this policy. Simply let us know if you cannot make or missed a course due to these reasons.
A Note about Scents & Allergies
Please note that other attendees or your facilitator could be sensitive to scents or have allergies to specific food items. As such, please do not wear perfume, cologne, or heavy-scented products while attending workshops or events.
Also, please inquire before bringing certain food items or opening a food container in a workshop.
Subscribe to our updates and stay up-to-date on the latest learning and development news and events from Organizational & Human Development as well as other opportunities on campus. Note: Subscribing gives your express consent to receive e-mails from OHD.
Unsubscribe: Please review the OHD Subscribers section in the preceding link for details.