For course descriptions, go to the undergraduate calendar.
For PSYCH course outlines, please refer to the drop down below.
Expanded courses descriptions
and Directed Studies Courses (PSYCH 480, 481, 482, 483, 484, 485, 486) see courses needing applications for enrolment.
- Fall 2013, Winter 2014, Spring 2014
- Fall 2014, Winter 2015, Spring 2015
- Fall 2015, Winter 2016, Spring 2016
- Fall 2016, Winter 2017, Spring 2017
- Fall 2017, Winter 2018, Spring 2018
- Fall 2018, Winter 2019, Spring 2019
Applied Topics in Psychology (PSYCH 470) topic descriptions
Psychological Measurement: Why Take PSYCH 492?
Those who completed PSYCH 363 and look to do PSYCH 470 in the future cannot enroll in PSYCH 470 if the topic is the same as it was during when they completed PSYCH 363. Students in this situation will need to wait until another offering of PSYCH 470 with a different topic, or complete a seminar for their capstone requirement instead.
WINTER 2020 - PSYCH 363 - Social Cognitive Development
As human beings, we are social by nature. We spend a considerable amount of time interacting and communicating with one another, and forming relationships. In order to do so successfully, we need to have a good understanding of the social world and the people in it. This Psych 363 course will examine theory and research in social cognitive development. We will look at children’s knowledge of the social world and their understanding of other people’s mental states and behaviours. We will explore topics such as morality, theory of mind, fairness, and other topics within social cognition.
FALL 2019 - PSYCH 363
- Computing and Psychological Research: Whether for business or science there is great value from combining your psychology knowledge with computer skills. A start-up wants to do A/B testing; your stats courses give you the content knowledge, but can you write the R script to process the data? A potential graduate student supervisor wants to do an innovative experiment they cannot perform with eprime, can you offer to program the experiment in Python? Psychology is said to be in a reproducibility crisis, can you write your articles or business reports in a fully reproducible fashion that will allow for their dissemination, replication, and automation? Psych363 will introduce you to all these tools, so that you can grow your expertise and achieve the professional benefits that come by synergizing your content knowledge with the practical expertise that is de rigueur in contemporary professional and academic settings.
- Family Systems
SPRING 2019 - PSYCH 363 - Learning and Decision-making in Young Children
- PSYCH 363 was 'held-with' PSYCH 470 in Spring 2019. Students who completed PSYCH 363 will NOT receive credit for PSYCH 470. Only those enrolled in PSYCH 470 will receive a PSYCH 470 credit.
Course outlines for PSYCH courses offered on-campus
See note below
See note below
The Psychology Undergraduate Office (PAS 3007) has copies of on-campus course outlines dating back to the early 1980s. If you require a course outline prior to Fall 2004, contact the Psychology Undergraduate Advisor. Include the year, term and course number of the outline you are requesting, and provide an email address where the outlines are to be sent.
Course outlines for PSYCH courses offered online
|2008 or older - see notes below||2008 or older - see note below||2008 or older - see note below|
- PSYCH/PHIL 256 (Introduction to Cognitive Science) is offered by the Philosophy Department. Please contact that department for assistance.
- The Psychology Department did not receive or maintain course outlines for distance education (no longer available) or online courses prior to Fall 2009. Please contact the Centre for Extended Learning if you require those outlines.