The Recreation and Leisure Studies Department and the Hallman Lecture Series are proud to present the Shaw-Mannell Lecture and Leisure Research Award event featuring 2019 recipient, Daniel Dustin.
Recapitulation: Remarks in Honour of Sue Shaw and Roger Mannell
Watch recording of "Remarks in Honour of Sue Shaw and Roger Mannell" (VIDEO).
Daniel Dustin is this year's recipient of the Shaw-Mannell Leisure Research Award, which recognizes international career contributions to the study of leisure, broadly defined, and influence on leisure scholarship at the University of Waterloo. The award is named in honour of retired faculty members Sue Shaw and Roger Mannell to recognize their outstanding individual career achievements. The lecture will share Dustin's reflections on the impact of their work on his own career and in the field of leisure studies throughout his career.
- Professor and former chair of Utah’s Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism
- Former Frost Professor and chair of the Department of Health, Physical Education, and Recreation at Florida International University in Miami, and professor and chair of the Department of Recreation, Parks, and Tourism at San Diego State University
- Academic interests centre on environmental stewardship and the moral and ethical bases for leisure and recreation activity preferences and behaviours
- Past president of the Society of Park and Recreation Educators and the Academy of Leisure Sciences
- Recipient of the National Recreation and Park Association’ s Literary Award
Lecture and award presentation will take place 1:30 - 2:45 p.m., with reception to follow. The Department's current graduate students will have their research poster boards on display throughout the day.
Parking is available in Lot M ($6 pay and display) or N ($5 pay and display).
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1