The Department of Recreation and Leisure Studies is a division of the Faculty of Applied Health Sciences
REC/ENVS 433 offers a combination of online and experiential learning through online course work and a mandatory five day outdoor excursion at Kandalore Outdoor Center in Haliburton Ontario. Students learn about philosophical, socio-cultural, health and ecological dimensions of ecotourism, and gain ecotourism for community development skills.
- Professor Bryan Grimwood is the instructor for this course
- Prerequisite: Rec 230 or comparable experience
- Credit weight: 1.0 unit
- You are responsible for arranging your transportation to and from Kandalore Outdoor Centre, bringing your own personal equipment, and getting permission from your other course instructors to be away from class from June 5 to 10 2019
- This course involves an additional fee of $599.00 +HST, which must be paid by April 15 2019 to enrol in the course and cannot be refunded after 45 days if the course is dropped
- A suggested packing list will be provided to you. Be sure you have personal equipment for the trip, such as suitable clothing, a sleeping bag, and a therm-a-rest or other sleeping pad. Other equipment such as canoes, tents and cooking supplies will be provided for the group. If you have any questions or concerns about what to bring, please reach out to Bryan Grimwood.
- Fill out this online form by April 1 to let us know that you are interested in the course and can meet the course requirements.
- Pay the supplementary fee of $599.00 +HST by April 15 and email email@example.com to relay that you have paid.
- The Rec advisors will then enrol you in REC 433/ENVS 433 (if there is still room in the course).
- Attend course orientation at the start of Spring 2019 with Bryan Grimwood.