Shape the future of recreation and leisure
Recreation and Leisure Studies represents one of the world's largest and fastest growing industries. If you think about it, anything that you are doing outside of work, school and sleeping, is some form of recreation and leisure.
Here at the University of Waterloo you'll learn from world-class professors how you can influence, encourage, and provide programs and services that help people maximize their quality of life. Whether you're into sports marketing, ecotourism, therapeutic recreation, or event management, the opportunities are endless.
Apply to Recreation and Leisure Studies (co-op or regular) and then choose one of the majors as your "subject of major interest." You'll be admitted to Recreation and Leisure Studies, and then placed into the major you selected on your application when you start your studies in the fall.
Learn more about:
Over the past few years, here’s what our Recreation and Leisure Studies grads have been up to one year after their graduation:
79% Starting a career
- Recreation therapist, Valleyview Home
- Director of community relations, Vancouver Canadian Professional Baseball Club
- Recreation and fitness coordinator, Conestoga College
- Event manager, Ice Castles
- Certified travel counsellor, The Travel Agent Next Door
- Recreation program coordinator, Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc
18% Professional or graduate programs
- Education (teacher's college)
- Business Administration (MBA)
- Master's programs: Tourism and Policy Planning, Recreation and Leisure Studies
- Occupational Therapy