What happens on the field of play is life’s greatest classroom. Award-winning CBC Sports broadcaster Scott Russell discusses the potential of sport and play, and how it can shape a country and its citizens.
- Has covered 13 Olympic games, the Toronto Pan Am Games in 2014
- Has hosted the FIFA Women's World Cup in Germany
- Was rink-side reporter for CBC's Hockey Night in Canada for 14 years
- Is the author of insightful blog posts at cbcsports.ca, discussing sport from all angles
- Sits on an advisory committee for the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport
- Holds an MA in Journalism and is a member of the Canadian Olympic Committee's Education Centre
Join us for his talk on June 19 from 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m., with cash bar reception to follow.
The Hallman Lecture is presented by University of Waterloo's Department of Recreation and Leisure Studies, and the Faculty of Applied Health Sciences.