What happens on the field of play is life’s greatest classroom. Award-winning CBC Sports broadcaster Scott Russell discusses the potential of sport and play, and how it can shape a country and its citizens.
- Has covered 13 Olympic games, the Toronto Pan Am Games in 2014
- Has hosted the FIFA Women's World Cup in Germany
- Was rink-side reporter for CBC's Hockey Night in Canada for 14 years
- Is the author of insightful blog posts at cbcsports.ca, discussing sport from all angles
- Sits on an advisory committee for the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport
- Holds an MA in Journalism and is a member of the Canadian Olympic Committee's Education Centre
Join us for his talk on June 19 from 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m., with cash bar reception to follow.
RSVP for this Hallman lecture with Scott Russell
The Hallman Lecture is presented by University of Waterloo's Department of Recreation and Leisure Studies, and the Faculty of Applied Health Sciences.
200 University Ave West
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1