The Department of Recreation and Leisure Studies is a division of the Faculty of Applied Health Sciences
Ron E. McCarville
Professor, Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies
BSc, BEd, MRec (Acadia)
PhD (Texas A&M)
Office: B.C. Matthews Hall 3118
Phone: (519) 888-4567, ext. 33048
- Consumer Behaviour
- Service Quality
- McCarville, R.E., Shaw, S. M., and Ritchie, M. (2013). Shopping as Leisure: A Study of Avid Shoppers. In press.
- Potwarka, L.R., McCarville, R.E., Johnson Tew, P., & Kaczynski, A. (2010). Sponsorship recognition: Exploring involvement-exposure interaction effects and the influence of multiple mediums. Event Management: An International Journal, 13(4), 233-248.
- Meldrum, J., & McCarville, R.E. (2010). Understanding commitment within the leisure service contingent workforce. Managing Leisure: An International Journal, 15(1/2), 48-66.McCarville, Ronald E. & MacKay, Kelly. (Eds.) (2007): Leisure for Canadians. State College, PA., Venture Publishing.
- McCarville, R. (2007). From a fall in the mall to a run in the sun: One journey to Ironman triathlon Leisure Sciences 29(2): 159-173.
- Bernier, Y. & McCarville, R. (2005). Service guarantees and opportunistic behavior in a leisure setting: The influence of selected personal and situational variables. Journal of Park and Recreation Administration, 23(4): 39-57.
- Barnes, M. & McCarville, R. (2005). Patron or philanthropist? Charitable giving to a performance based leisure provider. Journal of Park and Recreation Administration, 23(2): 110-134.
- McCarville, Ronald E. (2002). Improving leisure services through marketing action. Sagamore Publishing.
University of Waterloo