In this online session of the XR Community of Practice....
- James McCarthy will provide an overview of Social VR Platforms;
- Michael Tjendra, from Environment Computing, will discuss possible replacement options for Google Poly, which Google is shutting down in June 2021. Google Poly has been our "go to" platform for 360 VR panoramas/tours.
- Mark Morton and Gillian Dabrowski will talk a bit about the XR project for which they recently received funding from the Desire2Learn Innovation Guild. The project is called Exploring XR Pedagogical Initiatives at Three Guild Member Universities: An Environmental Scan.
- Gillian Dabrowski will reflect on eCampusOntario's new Virtual Learning Strategy, and how it is an exciting opportunity for advancing XR exploration.
- Falah Shazib, President of the UW VR Student Club, will join us to give a brief overview of the club’s goals and activities.
Registration required (if this is your first time using GoSignMeUp, you will need to set up your account first). If you have changed roles at the University (e.g., graduate student to faculty) please update your "Participant Profile" in your GoSignMeUp account.
Many of our workshops have waiting lists, so if you've registered but can't attend, please cancel your registration well in advance through the registration system, so that someone else can fill your spot.
The University of Waterloo is committed to achieving barrier-free accessibility for persons with disabilities who are visiting, studying, or working at Waterloo. CTE’s online workshops are delivered through either WebEx, Microsoft Teams, or Bongo with the audio component available either as captioning or a transcript. CTE’s face-to-face workshops typically involve a mix of presentation and discussion-based activities, and we encourage a scent-free environment. We welcome accompanying assistants, interpreters, and note-takers. If you have questions concerning access, such as parking, building layouts, or obtaining workshop content in alternative formats, or wish to request accommodations for our programming, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that some accommodations may require time to arrange.