The following policies, guidelines, and handbooks will answer many questions that arise for instructors. If you have a question that isn't addressed in the documents below, contact your Faculty Liaison or Faculty Teaching Fellow.
- Course outline template and requirements. A Word document detailing the information that you need to include in a course outline or syllabus, from the Office of the Associate Vice-President, Academic.
- Course outline example. A Word document that provides a model for organizing and formatting your course outline or syllabus, from the Office of the Associate Vice-President, Academic.
- Course outline exemplars. Six course outlines developed by Waterloo instructors, each featuring one or more notable components.
- Exam regulations. More than 20 regulations from the Registrar's Office governing the administration of final exams.
- Student petitions & grievances. Dealing with requests to be exempted from Waterloo regulations, or with challenges to a faculty member's decision.
- Copyright Guidelines. This guide explains your rights and duties when you want to copy or communicate copyrighted material in the classroom.
- Copyright: Frequently Asked Questions. General information about the Canadian Copyright Act and how it affects your work within the University.
- Turnitin Guidelines for Instructors. Turnitin is a text matching tool that is commonly used to detect plagiarism, but can also be integrated into learning activities as an educational tool.
Guidelines on computing & network resources. Expectations and responsibilities pertaining to the use of campus computers and networks.
- Online Service Interruptions. Recommended actions to take following a disruption to online learning environments.
- Ancillary Fees. What fees can be required of students for online resources, field trips, and more.
- Learning from Experience. A report on enhancing Co-operative Education & Career Services at Waterloo.
- Task Force Report on Deep Learning. A Waterloo report on innovative and effective teaching practices that foster deep learning.
- CTE's TA Manual (PDF). A handbook providing guidance and policies for TAs.