What you should do now
- Create your Quest account and complete your Admission Information Form.
- If you're not an Ontario high school student, you'll need to have your grades sent to us.
Learn about your program, co-op, and student life
Completing your application
- Check important dates for applicants to fall 2017.
- If your first language is not English, you may need to send us your English language test scores.
- Find out when we'll send offers of admission. You can also check your application status anytime.
- Participate in Waterloo math, computing and science contests, if you want to be considered for additional scholarships in those areas.
For international students
- You may need to apply for a study permit and a work permit if you've applied to co-op.
- Learn about services for international students.
- As soon as you apply, you'll have access to International Student Advisors who can help with a study visa, working in Canada, and other immigration details.
- Ontario universities may require undergraduate applicants to have official international academic transcripts submitted directly to World Education Services (WES) Canada for verification as part of the admission process. Universities will notify applicants submitting international academic transcripts regarding specific submission requirements through WES Canada.
For transfer students
- If you're transferring from college or university, send us your documents for transfer credit assessment.
- We'll need your high school transcript and a transcript for all courses you’ve attempted or completed at university and/or college.
- Find out about our residence guarantee for transfer students or visit the Off-Campus Housing website to learn more about living in the City of Waterloo.
The best way to experience Waterloo is to come for a visit
- Join us for March Break Open House or You @ Waterloo Day in May to learn more about the programs you’ve applied to.
- If you can’t attend an open house, join us for a student-led tour of our campus and residences on most weekdays and Saturdays throughout the year.
Please contact us if you have any questions – we're here to help!