Individual selection from the low to mid-90s
- Advanced Functions 4U
- Calculus and Vectors 4U
- Any Grade 12 U English
- One other Grade 12 U course
- Grade 11 U Introduction to Computer Science
- High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses, including all required courses.
- Grade 12 U or M courses must be completed through schools that are accredited by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
- Admission averages depend on the number of applications received and the number of spaces available. The range listed above is based on previous years.
- An Admission Information Form (AIF) is required for admission to this program. Instructions for the AIF will be sent once we receive your application.
- You're strongly encouraged to write the Euclid Mathematics Contest and/or the Canadian Senior Mathematics Contest. Results of the contests will be used in scholarship decisions and possibly admission decisions for programs in the Faculty of Mathematics.
- If your first language is not English, you may need to meet our English language requirements.
- If you repeat a course or take a course outside of your regular day school, see our Faculty of Mathematics policy for more information.
- Required courses that are more than three years old may need to be updated. Email the admissions office for more information.
Advanced Placement (AP)
Advanced Placement (AP) courses are accepted as equivalent to required courses as long as secondary school graduation requirements are also met. For more information regarding transfer credits and advanced standing for AP courses, please visit our AP transfer credit policy page.
For more information
- Visit the Computer Science web page.
- Download or request a Faculty of Mathematics brochure.
- Sign up for tips and advice from current Waterloo students.