First-year courses and beyond*
September to December
- ENGL 192/SPCOM 192 – Communication in the Engineering Profession
- ECE 105 – Classical Mechanics
- ECE 150 – Fundamentals of Programming
- ECE 190 – Engineering Profession and Practice
- MATH 115 – Linear Algebra for Engineering
- MATH 117 – Calculus 1 for Engineering
- ECE 198 – Project Studio
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Milestone**
January to April or May to August
After first year
- See the range of courses available in Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- View all the courses required for your degree.
Sample upper-year courses
ECE 252 – Systems Programming and Concurrency
ECE 222 – Digital Computers
ECE 380 – Analog Control Systems
ECE 402 – Information Session
Advisors are here to help
You might have a lot of questions. We're here to help! If you have questions, email our admissions staff who would be happy to assist.
Once you're a Waterloo student, you'll have access to academic advisors who can help you
- determine your class and lab schedule,
- select options and specializations,
- ensure that you're meeting the requirements for your degree, and more.
- Overview of Waterloo's Computer Engineering program.
- Download a Faculty of Engineering brochure.