As part of the Employee Assistance Program (Policy 67), University of Waterloo employees and their dependent family members have a range of health and wellness services under the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), provided by Homewood Health Inc.™. The program is a complement to the current benefits program, at no additional cost to employees.
In addition to providing confidential short-term Counselling Services, the program also offers Life Smart Services – a series of work-life services for expert advice, information, and coaching that you and your eligible family members can access and use in your own way.
Counselling Services are available in person (suspended during the pandemic), by telephone or online for a variety of reasons, including:
- Stress Management
- Depression and Anxiety
- Alcohol/drug abuse
- Marital and Couple problems
- Family-of-origin conflicts
- Emotional/Individual issues
- Bereavement and loss
- Workplace issues
Life Smart Services are available by telephone for work-life balance assistance (not available outside
of North America), these include:
- Life Balance Solutions – childcare, parenting, elder and family care, relationship solutions, financial, consultation, legal advisory
- Health Smart Coaching – smoking cessation, jumpstart your wellness , nutritional counselling
- Career Smart Coaching – career coaching/counselling, pre-retirement planning, shift worker support
Online services include:
- E-learning courses – available through Homewood Health’s website, offer self-directed, confidential and interactive online courses designed to help one take charge of one’s health and wellbeing
- Busy Family – childcare and eldercare resource locators (not available outside of North America)
- Health Library – access to a comprehensive library of medical information
- Health and Wellness Assessments – tools to assess health risk and develop improvement plans
Individuals can contact Homewood Health directly by phone (1-800-663-1142) or through their website (homeweb.ca) 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and 365 days of the year. When individuals call, they will be asked a series of questions to confirm their eligibility for the program and to enable aggregate statistical reporting. In an emergency, consultation can be arranged within hours. Instant support is always available over the phone. Online resources are available after registering for a username and password at homeweb.ca.
Please be assured that the program is confidential. Your private information, including whether you or your dependants have accessed the program, is never shared with family members or the University. Find out more about Homewood Health's services.
Contact Homewood Health directly by phone or through their website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days of the year. You will be asked a series of questions to confirm your eligibility for the program and to enable aggregate statistical reporting. Instant support is always available over the phone.
In an emergency, consultation can be arranged within hours. Homewood Health's online resources are also available after registering for a username and password on their website.
604-689-1717 International (call collect)