Urgent help: community resources

The Distress Centre 

  • Youth Line | 519-745-9909
    (18 years and younger)
  • EARS Line | 519-570-3277
    (dedicated to male victims of sexual assault)
  • Community Links | 519 744-5594
    (Mental Health & Addictions Data Base Line)

The Crisis Line 

519-744-1813 or 1-866-366-4566 (toll free) 

Offering prevention, assessment, intervention and resolution for urgent mental health and psychosocial crisis situations.

Operates 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year throughout Waterloo Region

Mobile Crisis walk-in

67 King Street East
Kitchener, ON N2G 2K4
Phone: (519) 744-7645
Toll Free: 1-877-627-2642
Hours: Daily 9:00 – 5:00 pm
Location Map
3-9 Wellington Street
Cambridge, ON N1R 3Y4
Phone: (519) 740-7782
Hours: Daily 9:00 – 5:00 pm
Location Map
Huron Perth Helpline and Crisis Response Team
Toll-Free: 1-888-829-7484
Crisis: 1-888-829-7484

Grand River Hospital Emergency

835 King St W, Kitchener
Phone: (519) 742-3611

Location Map

Cambridge Memorial Hospital Emergency

700 Coronation Blvd, Cambridge
Phone: (519) 621-2330

Location Map

Stratford General Hospital Emergency

46 General Hospital Drive, Stratford
Phone: (519) 272-8210

Location Map

Mental health resources

Learn about the mental health resources and supports, and how to get help when you need it.

Regional resources

The Region of Waterloo provides various community services in addition to what's provided below.

International Travel emergencies

The safety and security of University of Waterloo students, staff, and faculty when travelling abroad is a priority. If you have an emergency while travelling internationally, Waterloo International provides a list of resources to assist. 

If the emergency is medical, contact your medical insurance provider or the University benefit provider

Provided you have the extended health care benefit, you and your insured dependants are covered while travelling out of the country for emergency medical services. View the Out of country benefit page for more information on emergency contacts, coverage, and information on travelling to Cuba.

Note: You must contact Canada Life in the event of an emergency while travelling out of the country.