This page has information for students who were admitted to Honours Psychology prior to Fall 2016.
Features of Honours Psychology (BA)
- available on a regular or co-op system of study.
- choose from a single Honours Major or a Joint Honours program
- Psych 291 (Research Methods) and Psych 292 (Basic Data Analysis) will introduce you to the scientific methods for understanding mind and behaviour
- gain a broad perspective of psychological theory by taking courses from several areas in Psychology.
- develop distinctive skills including observation, numeric, analytic, computer, and written and oral communication.
Students are assumed to be following the degree requirements of the Undergraduate Studies Academic Calendar that was in effect when they were admitted to their current plan. (Choose from the list of archived calendars.) Any information from this website is supplementary.
NOTE: BA Breadth requirements
- Any 2 of the psychology courses (1.0 units) taken for the psychology Major will also satisfy 1.0 of the 2.0 units required in the 'Social Science' category. You must complete at least 1.0 units in the Social Science category from a discipline(s) other than psychology.
Requests to switch Psychology Plans
If you're interested in switching to another Psychology plan, contact the Psychology advisor.
Last updated: July 17, 2018