Cross-appointed to School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Science
- Leisure, tourism and sport policy development
- Food and leisure
- The politics of tourism and rural development
- Leisure, tourism, sport and community development
- Critical and qualitative inquiry
Heather was recently named Research Chair of Rural Community Development and Wellbeing for the Gateway Centre of Excellence in Rural Health, a non-profit dedicated to improving rural health through education, communication and research.
- REC 230: Outdoor Recreation, Tourism, and the Natural Environment
- REC 280: Introduction to Tourism
- REC 621: Issues in Leisure and Social Justice
BA, Carleton University
MA, Carleton University
PhD, University of Guelph
See Google Scholar for full list of publications.