Internal Transfer to Arts

If you are a student currently enrolled in another University of Waterloo faculty but are thinking of transferring to the Faculty of Arts, this page is for you.

Whatever your reasons are for transferring out of your current faculty, there are minimum requirements and things to consider before initiating a transfer. In some cases, a non-degree term in your current faculty, or a qualifying term (a term while you are still in degree studies in your current faculty) may be required before transferring. 

First Steps:

  • Consult with your current academic advisor to discuss the options available within your current faculty.
  • Consult with a career advisor at Co-operative Education and Career Action (CECA) in the Tatham Centre to discuss future career planning and to make sure Arts is right for you.
  • Consult with the Internal Transfers advisor in the Faculty of Arts, Andri Efstathiou before filling out or submitting any forms.  
  • For more information book an appointment with the Internal Transfers Advisor in the Arts Undergraduate Office: PAS 2439, 519-888-4567 ext. 35870. 

Important Links:

Arts Undergraduate Office (AUO)

Arts Advisors

Undergraduate Studies Academic Calendar

Arts Enrolment Problems and Course Overrides