This workshop will provide TAs with the techniques for organizing and structuring a lesson according to pre-established learning objectives. By looking at various lesson planning templates and developing your own example lesson plan, you will be able to develop a framework for lesson planning that is compatible with your teaching context and your teaching style.
Facilitator: Jhotisha Mugon, CTE
1. Choose a straightforward topic (foundational concept or skill) from an introductory course in your field that can be taught in a 15 minute lesson. Your topic should be aimed at a novice learner in your field.
2. Write the main learning goal for your lesson (Start with: “By the end of this 15 minute lesson, my students will be able to …”.)
3. Bring your topic and the main learning goal to the workshop.
Throughout the workshop, we will work together on developing an effective lesson plan for your chosen topic. You may use this lesson plan if you intend to participate in Microteaching Sessions.
- Participants will receive an attendance credit if they arrive on time and stay until the end of the event.
- Limited to 25.
- It is strongly recommended that students also complete CTE217-Teaching Methods before starting microteaching sessions.