ExamSoft: Software for Creating and Administering Electronic Tests (CTE795)
Date: Friday, March 16, 1:00-2:00 pm
Location: EV1 241
Facilitators: Renate Donnovan (Pharmacy) and Cynthia Richard (Pharmacy)
In this session, we will provide an overview of the use of the ExamSoft platform in the School of Pharmacy. The software is used for creation of assessments (including creating question banks and tagging questions to learning outcomes), secure offline electronic test administration, and provision of detailed performance reports to students and faculty. It can also be used for curricular mapping and programmatic assessment.
Learning Outcomes: After the session, participants will be able to:
- describe the process of creating assessments using ExamSoft
- Discuss administration of secure, electronic tests using Examplify (student portal for ExamSoft)
- Describe reports that can be generated for students and faculty through ExamSoft, and how these can be used for a variety of purposes, such as remediation, curricular mapping, and faculty development
- Identify challenges and “lessons learned” with ExamSoft
- Open to faculty and staff.
- Registration is required.
- Difficulty registering? Read our registration help guide.
- Did you know you can register for similar workshops? Visit Educational Technologies Week 2018.
The University of Waterloo is committed to achieving barrier-free accessibility for persons with disabilities who are studying, working, or visiting at Waterloo. If you have questions concerning access, such as parking, building layouts, or obtaining information in alternative formats, or wish to request accommodations for a CTE workshop or event, please contact CTE via email (email@example.com) or phone (ext. 33857) and include the session’s title and date. Our workshops typically involve a mix of presentation and discussion-based activities, and we encourage a scent-free environment. We also welcome accompanying assistants, interpreters, or note-takers; notify us if accommodations are needed in this regard. Please note that some accommodations may require time to arrange.
200 University Ave West
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1