Getting Started in LEARN (CTE656)
Date: Monday, April 30, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Location: EV1 241
Facilitators: Mary Power (CTE) and Daspina Fefekos (ITMS)
This two-hour hands-on workshop will introduce you to LEARN (from Desire2Learn), our course management system for presenting course activities and resources in on-campus and fully online courses. Please bring your own laptop to this session.
At the end of the session, participants will:
- Modify their individual LEARN profile and course settings
- Use the LEARN environment to communicate with their students
- Execute the most effective organization of the content in their course and build content in their course
- Identify and choose the tools available within D2L to effectively engage students in learning in the context of their course
- Find LEARN help resources and obtain further assistance with course development
- Open to faculty and staff.
- Registration is required.
- Difficulty registering? Read our registration help guide.
The University of Waterloo is committed to achieving barrier-free accessibility for persons with disabilities who are studying, working, or visiting at Waterloo. If you have questions concerning access, such as parking, building layouts, or obtaining information in alternative formats, or wish to request accommodations for a CTE workshop or event, please contact CTE via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (ext. 33857) and include the session’s title and date. Our workshops typically involve a mix of presentation and discussion-based activities, and we encourage a scent-free environment. We also welcome accompanying assistants, interpreters, or note-takers; notify us if accommodations are needed in this regard. Please note that some accommodations may require time to arrange.