Course code: CTE642
Description: This six-hour workshop introduces the principles of aligned course design to faculty and teaching staff with little or no prior teaching experience running courses of their own. By the end of the session, participants will have considered learning outcomes, assessments, activities and their alignment in disciplinary and logistical contexts.
Learning Outcomes: After the session, participants will be able to:
- Define intended learning outcomes
- Select assessments that demonstrate achievement of defined intended learning outcomes
- Identify teaching activities to support students in preparing for the selected assessments
- Evaluate your course for alignment between intended learning outcomes, teaching / learning activities and formative / summative assessments
- Create a concept map for your course