Employee & family assistance program
The University of Waterloo is pleased to announce that effective September 1, 2016, employees and their dependent family members have a broader range of health and wellness services under our new Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
Please be assured that the program is confidential. Your private information, including whether you or your dependents have accessed the program, is never shared with family members or the University.
Counselling Services are available Face-to-Face (flexible hours), by telephone or online for a variety of reasons, including:
- Stress Management
- Depression & Anxiety
- Alcohol/drug abuse
- Marital & Couple problems
- Family-of-origin conflicts
- Emotional/Individual issues
- Bereavement and loss
- Workplace issues
Life Smart Services (formerly, Plan Smart Services) are available by telephone for work-life balance assistance (not available outside of North America), these include:
- Life Balance Solutions – childcare, parenting, elder and family care, relationship solutions, financial consultation, legal advisory
- Health Smart Coaching – smoking cessation, Jumpstart your Wellness, nutritional counselling
- Career Smart Coaching - career coaching/counselling, pre-retirement planning, shift worker support
Online services include:
- E-learning courses - available through Homewood Health’s website, offer self-directed, confidential and interactive online courses designed to help one take charge of one’s health and wellbeing
- Busy Family - childcare and eldercare resource locators (not available outside of North America)
- Health Library – access to a comprehensive library of medical information
- Health and Wellness Assessments - tools to assess health risk and develop improvement plans
Contact Homewood Health directly by phone or through their website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days of the year. You will be asked a series of questions to confirm your eligibility for the program and to enable aggregate statistical reporting. Instant support is always available over the phone.
In an emergency, consultation can be arranged within hours. Homewood Health's online resources are also available after registering for a username and password on their website.
604-689-1717 International (call collect)