First-year courses and beyond
You may also select advanced-stream courses for algebra, calculus, and computer science if you meet the requirements. Details will be sent during course selection in June.
September to December
January to April
- MATH 136 – Linear Algebra 1 for Honours Mathematics
- MATH 138 – Calculus 2 for Honours Mathematics
- Choose one course from
- BU 121 – Functional Areas of the Organization
- EC 140 – Introduction to Macroeconomics
- One communication skills course
This is a sample schedule. Courses or when a course is offered may change depending on availability.
After first year
You'll take business and economics courses at Laurier along with math courses at Waterloo. In upper years, you can choose to specialize in both the business and mathematics components of the program.
View a list of all the courses required for your degree.
Advisors are here to help
With so much flexibility, you might have a lot of questions. We're here to help! If you're applying for admission, contact our Faculty of Math recruitment co-ordinator.
Once you're a Waterloo student, you'll have access to academic advisors who can help you
- choose your courses,
- select minors and specializations,
- ensure that you're meeting the requirements for your degree, and more.
- Overview of Waterloo's Business Administration and Mathematics Double Degree program.
- Download a Faculty of Math brochure.