Combine the worlds of bytes and business.
Double down on your love of technology, computer science, and business. In this unique program, you’ll get 2 prestigious degrees and 2 sets of skills in high demand.
Your Waterloo courses will cover fundamental mathematics, computer programming, data structures, algorithms, software engineering, operating systems, and social implications of computing.
Down the road at nearby Wilfrid Laurier University, you’ll study all the business basics: finance, accounting, marketing, organizational behaviour, business communication, law, human resource management, and business policy.
Plus, you’ll get 4 to 5 terms of real-world work experience through North America’s largest co-op program.
In just 5 years, you'll earn both a co-op Bachelor of Computer Science (BCS) from Waterloo and a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) from Laurier.
Learn from top researchers
Home to award-winning teachers and researchers, the David R. Cheriton School of Computer Science at Waterloo is among the 10 best computer science departments in North America.
Take your ideas to market
From fitness apps to AI-based note-taking software, Waterloo’s Velocity program helps students launch their startup ideas.
About the program
Gain experience through the co-op program
Apply directly to this program on your application
Earn 2 degrees in 5 years
1st Faculty of Mathematics in North America
Offered by the Faculty of Mathematics
Waterloo is an international leader in mathematics
- Ontario students: 6 Grade 12 U and/or M courses including
- Advanced Functions
- Calculus and Vectors
- Any Grade 12 U English
- One other 4U course
- Recommended course: Grade 11 U Introduction to Computer Science
- Admission averages: Individual selection from the mid-90s
- An Admission Information Form is required
- Not studying in Ontario? Search our admission requirements database.
- We recommend that you apply to this program through Waterloo and Laurier to maximize your chances of admission. The academic programs are identical, regardless of which university you call home. You'll receive access to scholarships, residence, and co-op at your home institution.
- You're strongly encouraged to write the Euclid Mathematics Contest and the Canadian Computing Competition
Students may also select the advanced-stream courses for algebra, calculus and computer science if they meet the requirements. Business courses are taken at nearby Wilfrid Laurier University (Laurier).
September to December
January to April
MATH 136 - Linear Algebra 1
MATH 138 - Calculus 2
CS 136 - Algorithm Design and Data Abstraction
BUS 121W - Functional Areas of the Organization
ECON 140W - Introduction to Macroeconomics
1 communication skills course
After first year
You'll take business and economics courses at Laurier in combination with your computer science courses at Waterloo. In upper years, you can choose to specialize in both the business and mathematics components of the program.
View a list of all the courses required for your degree.
Customize your degree
You can also add additional areas of interest and expertise by including a minor(s) or specialization as part of your degree.
By alternating school terms and paid co-op work terms throughout your degree, you can explore new career areas and types of employers as your career interests evolve.
Sample co-op positions
- Junior Developer, Web Nodes
- Technical Account Manager, Bell Canada
- Software Developer Co-op - Graphical Tools Team, Sybase Canada
- Web Developer, FinancialiQ.com
- Programmer Analyst (Applications) - Investment IT, Ontario Teacher's Pension Plan Board
Possible professional designations
- Canadian Information Processing Society
- Chartered Professional Accountant