Social Service Worker to Social Development Studies


Graduates of a two-year college Social Service Worker diploma with a minimum overall average of 75% and meeting all admission requirements will be eligible for admission and transfer credits to Waterloo’s Social Development Studies (SDS) program. Each student’s application and transcript will be assessed individually.

If you've graduated from one of the colleges listed below, you can preview which of your courses will transfer to Waterloo's SDS program.

If you have completed or are in the process of completing a Social Service Worker diploma program at an Ontario college that is not one of the ones listed above, refer to the course transfer site to search for courses from your program that we have previously assessed. You can also review the admission requirements for Social Development Studies for Ontario college transfer students.

If you’re interested in pursuing a Bachelor of Social Work degree, you can now apply for conditional admission to the Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) program at Waterloo. Conditional admission means that you can move directly into the BSW program upon completing Waterloo’s Social Development Studies (SDS) program. 

Unofficial course transfer guide

This is an unofficial guide on how courses transfer from the institutions listed to the University of Waterloo. Transfer credits will be awarded for courses in which a minimum grade of B- (70%) has been achieved, unless noted below. The number of transfer credits you receive is assessed on an individual basis and may be more or fewer courses according to our policies and your individual circumstances.

0.50 credit is generally equivalent to a single course at Waterloo.