Newly admitted students to the University of Waterloo are admitted into the honours plan in their Faculty (either Science or Arts) and apply to be admitted to the psychology major during 1B. Students transferring from another department in Arts or another faculty at Waterloo should meet with the Psychology Advisor to determine how they can transfer into Psychology.
Winter 2020 Psychology major information sessions
- Wednesday March 11, 2:30-3:50 pm in AL 208 or
- Thursday March 12, 10:00-11:20 am in ML 349
Please attend one of these information sessions to learn more about Psychology and how to become a Psych Major. Topics covered will include:
- features of psychology programs,
- admission requirements for all psychology programs (regular system of study and co-op)
- samples of co-op positions (for those in the co-op system of study only)
- course requirements and course selection,
- plans following graduation,
- experiences and opportunities, etc.
Admission decisions for Psychology applicants:
You will receive an email from the Psychology Undergraduate advisor notifying you when you are accepted into the Psychology program.
We will continue to consider applications for the Psychology Major from current UWaterloo students until the second week of classes for any term.
Questions? Ask the Psychology Advisor!