At a glance
- Available as a co-op program only
- Starts in first year so apply directly to this program on your application
- Earn a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) and a Bachelor of Computer Science (BCS)
- Offered by the Faculty of Mathematics and Wilfrid Laurier University
About the program
In today's technological world, business and computer science are highly valued and important career paths. Combine your love of technology, computer science, and business into this unique program and gain 2 highly prestigious degrees that will give you an edge after graduation.
In just 5 years, you'll earn a co-op Bachelor of Computer Science (BCS) from Waterloo and a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) from Wilfrid Laurier University.
Your Waterloo courses will cover fundamental mathematics, computer programming, data structures, algorithms, software engineering, operating systems, and social implications of computing.
These are complemented by courses at Laurier in finance, accounting, marketing, organizational behaviour, business communication, law, human resource management, and business policy.
- Ontario students: 6 Grade 12 U and/or M courses including
- Advanced Functions
- Calculus and Vectors
- Any Grade 12 U English
- One other 4U course
- Recommended course: Grade 11 U Introduction to Computer Science
- Admission averages: Individual selection from the low 90s
- An Admission Information Form is required
- Not studying in Ontario? Search our admission requirements database.
- We recommend that you apply to this program through Waterloo and Laurier to maximize your chances of admission. The academic programs are identical, regardless of which university you call home. You'll receive access to scholarships, residence, and co-op at your home institution.
- You're strongly encouraged to write the Euclid Mathematics Contest and the Canadian Computing Competition
By alternating school terms and paid co-op work terms throughout your degree, you can explore new career areas and types of employers as your career interests evolve.
Sample co-op positions
- Junior Developer, Web Nodes
- Technical Account Manager, Bell Canada
- Software Developer Co-op - Graphical Tools Team, Sybase Canada
- Web Developer, FinancialiQ.com
- Programmer Analyst (Applications) - Investment IT, Ontario Teacher's Pension Plan Board
Co-op work/study sequences
Fall = September to December, Winter = January to April, Spring = May to August
Possible professional designations
- Canadian Information Processing Society
- Chartered Professional Accountant