First-year courses and beyond*
September to December
- ANTH 100 – Introduction to Anthropology
- Arts First requirement 1**
- Three additional courses
January to April
After first year
40% of the classes you’ll take will be Anthropology courses. With your remaining classes, you can choose electives from many of the 100 subject areas at Waterloo or fulfil additional requirements for your chosen entry program.
Sample upper-year courses
ANTH 290 – Visual Anthropology
ANTH 303 – Anthropology of Digital Media
ANTH 355 – Human Osteology
ANTH 455 – Skeletal Biology and Forensics
Advisors are here to help
With so much flexibility, you might have a lot of questions. We're here to help! If you're applying for admission, contact our Faculty of Arts recruitment team.
Once you're a Waterloo student, you'll have access to academic advisors who can help you
- choose your courses,
- select minors and specializations,
- ensure that you're meeting the requirements for your degree, and more.
- Overview of Waterloo's Anthropology program.
- Download a Faculty of Arts brochure.