Want to discover how the world works? In Physical Sciences, you’ll investigate the natural laws and processes of non-living matter.
Apply to Physical Sciences and choose one of these 8 majors starting in first year.
About the Physical Sciences program
Choose from eight majors
Earn a Bachelor of Science degree
Admission requirements for Physical Sciences majors
Ontario students: 6 Grade 12 U and/or M courses including
- English (ENG4U) (minimum final grade of 70% is required)
- Advanced Functions (minimum final grade of 70% is required)
- Calculus and Vectors (minimum final grade of 70% is required)
- Two of: Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Space Science, Mathematics of Data Management, or Physics (Chemistry, Earth and Space Science, and/or Physics are recommended)
- Admission averages: Low 80s
- An Admission Information Form is recommended
- Not studying in Ontario? Search our admission requirements
Most students take 5 courses per term, plus associated labs if applicable. Select your program of interest to see a list of first-year courses.
Gain relevant work experience through co-op
By alternating school terms and paid co-op work terms throughout your degree, you can explore new career areas and types of employers as your career interests evolve.
Co-op work/study sequences
Fall = September to December, Winter = January to April, Spring = May to August
Learn more about Physical Sciences
- Email our Science Recruitment Team, who can answer any questions about Physical Sciences