The Department of Recreation and Leisure Studies is a division of the Faculty of Applied Health Sciences
Are you passionate about recreation and sport, and interested in business? At Waterloo there’s no need to comprise. Our one-of-a-kind Recreation and Sport Business program enables you to combine recreation courses with transferable business skills – giving you the best of both worlds!
What will I get out of the program?
- Gain a solid understanding of recreation combined with business skills in areas such as accounting, finance, human resources and marketing. With your solid understanding of recreation and leisure, and the skills to develop and deliver products and services, you’ll be uniquely qualified to pursue a career in the recreation and sport industry and beyond.
- Prepare to work in the public, private, or not-for-profit sectors, start your own business or pursue graduate studies (e.g. an MBA).
- History of Western Sport
- Marketing Recreation, Sport, and Events
- Principles of High Performance Organizations in Recreation and Sport
- Mobilizing Resources for Recreation and Sport Delivery
- Event Planning and Design
- Innovative Solutions in Recreation and Sport Business
Refer to the Undergraduate Calendar for a full list of courses and the course sequence in this major.
Read the brochure
You'll find Recreation and Sport Business details on pages 4-5.
How do I choose this major?
Apply to Recreation and Leisure Studies (co-op or regular) and then choose Recreation and Sport Business as your "subject of major interest". You'll be admitted to Recreation and Leisure Studies, and then be placed into Recreation and Sport Business when you start your studies in the fall.