Experience a work term in your field of study outside of Canada. Learn more about co-op work terms abroad through this site.
- ~3,000 (and growing) co-op work terms in 60+ countries outside of Canada. See Strategic Plan Indicators for Global Prominence & Internationalization
- Top outbound country is the USA, while others take place outside of North America in locations such as Netherlands, Hong Kong, and Japan
Mandatory pre-departure training
If you have done a previous work term abroad or not, you must complete the online pre-departure training in LEARN. This is mandatory for all Waterloo students. Instructions will be sent to you once your job is on your work term record and you have been enrolled in the training.
- International visas/permits to go abroad: firstname.lastname@example.org
- International (non-USA) co-op opportunities: email@example.com
- USA J-1 visa information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- USA co-op opportunities: Your assigned WTS (information on WaterlooWorks)
- Co-op work permits for international visa students studying at uWaterloo: email@example.com