- Co-op work term readiness training
- Travel advisories
- International housing resources
- Global Ambassador Program
- Travel resources
- Be sure to review the work abroad sessions & dates.
- Regardless if you have done a previous work term abroad or not, you must complete the online co-op work term readiness training on LEARN. This is mandatory for all Waterloo students. Instructions will be sent to you once you have been enrolled in the training.
- Not completing the co-op work term readiness training course could affect your opportunity to work abroad for your co-op term and receive credit for it.
- The country of your international work term may be issued a travel advisory by the Global Affairs Canada.
Help the next group of co-op students going to work outside of Canada with what might appear as a daunting issue: finding a suitable place to live in a foreign city. Co-operative Education has joined forces with the Off-Campus Housing office to provide a wonderful service to our students. You can now post your hot housing leads on the Off-Campus Housing website for free and you can upload photos!
How to do it?
Go to Off-Campus Housing listings. Select Classifieds and Search, then Log In (top right-hand corner) with your WatIAM credentials. Under Classifieds (top of page) you will find ‘Create Classified’.
What information will you need?
- Phone number or email address (or both)
- Cost of rental or item
- Available date (start and end)
- Choose a category – Roommate Wanted, Place to Sublet, Housing Wanted, etc.
- Address of rental property
- Title of your listing
- Any comments for the body of the posting
Note: Don’t forget to add pictures to your listing – there is no limit to how many you can include.
Other services the Off-Campus Housing Office provides:
- Lease reviews
- Resources to help with:
- Landlord issues
- Maintenance issues
- Roommate issues
- Agreement forms for:
- Help with looking for rentals
If you have a question or concern about living off campus, please contact Off-Campus Housing.
Potential or Existing Landlords
Finding housing that is safe, affordable, comfortable, and convenient is important to our students. As a landlord, you play a vital role in the lives of students as they move into your community.
We recommend placing your ad on our Off-Campus Housing Listing Service approximately eight to 10 weeks before the start of each term. Remember to add an unlimited amount of pictures to your listing; this will attract more students to your posting.
Contact Waterloo alumni in other countries through the Global Ambassador Program.
Some travel sites that could be useful to you can be found here: International country and travel information resources.