If you're applying to be a full-time student at Waterloo, you'll apply through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC).
Applying through the OUAC makes the application process easier because you can use one website to apply to multiple programs or universities in Ontario.
Applications for full-time studies
- Current Ontario high school students: OUAC 101
- International (visa) students: OUAC 105F
- All other students: OUAC 105D
If you've studied at Waterloo and are re-applying for admission (excluding Optometry, Social Work, and Pharmacy), please use the Application for Undergraduate Re-Admission.
Applications for part-time or online studies
- Learn how to apply to part-time studies, online learning, post-degree, non-degree, or letter of permission.
- Be sure to apply by the application deadline.
- Within 2 weeks of receiving your application, we’ll email you about next steps in the admissions process. It's a good idea to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts to ensure you receive our emails.
- View videos of tips for applying to Waterloo.
Applying to co-op programs
- To apply to a co-op program, you must check the co-op box on your OUAC application.
- If you apply to a co-op program that is also offered through the regular system of study and you're not admitted to co-op, you'll automatically be considered for the regular program if spaces are available.
- Co-op and regular systems of study are available to all students regardless of citizenship.
- Exception: Biotechnology/Chartered Professional Accountancy and Mathematics/Chartered Professional Accountancy are not available to visa students.
Applying to Engineering programs
- You may apply to one Engineering program at Waterloo.
- If you wish to be considered for an additional Engineering program, you can use the Admission Information Form (AIF) to request this. You'll receive instructions for completing your AIF once you've applied.
- If you're also interested in Architecture at Waterloo, you can apply to that and one of our Engineering programs.