You are here

Applying to Waterloo

If you're applying to be a full-time student at Waterloo, you'll apply through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC).

The OUAC makes the application process easier because you can use one application to apply to multiple programs or Ontario universities.

Which application should you use?
Current Ontario high school students OUAC 101 application
International (visa) students OUAC 105F application
All other students OUAC 105D application

For part-time studies (2 courses or less per term), full-time online learning, post-degree/ non-degree, or letter of permission

Apply through the Centre for Extended Learning

If you have previously attended Waterloo and are applying for full-time studies.

Application for Undergraduate Re-Admission Form
  • Be sure to apply by the application deadline for the term/program you wish to be admitted to.
  • Within 2 weeks of receiving your application information from the OUAC, we’ll send you an email about next steps in the admissions process.
  • It's a good idea to add to your contacts list to make sure you receive our emails.
  • Review our list of important dates to learn more about the admissions process.

Admissions tips videos

View additional videos of tips for applying to Waterloo.

Applying to co-op programs

  • If you're interested in a co-op program, you must check the co-op box on your OUAC application.
  • If you apply to a co-op program that is also offered as a regular program and you're not admitted to co-op, you'll automatically be considered for the regular program if spaces are available.
  • Both the co-op and regular systems of study are available to all students regardless of citizenship. 

Applying to Engineering programs

  • On your application, you may apply to Architecture and/or only one Engineering program, including Software Engineering.
  • To apply to additional Engineering programs at Waterloo, you can use the Admission Information Form (AIF) once you've applied to let us know if there are other Engineering programs that you would like to be considered for. You'll receive instructions for completing your AIF after you've applied to Waterloo.

Submitting documents

All official documents, including transcripts and English language test results, must be sent directly to our Registrar's Office by your school,  issuing institution, or testing authority. Learn more about sending your marks.

Transfer credits

Learn about Waterloo's transfer credits policies for:

  • Advanced Placement (AP)
  • International Baccalaureate (IB)
  • A-levels
  • CAPE
  • Cambridge Pre-U
  • university and college courses

Request a brochure
Come for a visit
How to apply
Chat with a student