Smooth moves: get a degree in making processes flow better.
Cut waiting times for surgery. Streamline supply chains. Fine-tune airline routes. In Canada’s first and only Management Engineering program, you’ll learn to analyze how organizations operate and apply engineering skills to increase their efficiency.
Over the course of your degree, you’ll develop expertise in data analytics, information systems, operations and supply chain management, and organizational behaviour.
By graduation, you’ll have the know-how to design and manage complex systems, optimizing the flow of energy, materials, people, and information. And you’ll find no shortage of companies looking for your skills: in software, finance, supply chain management, health care, manufacturing, and more.
Build an awesome résumé
Between 2 years of co-op experience and a fourth-year design project, your résumé will boast strong technical, teamwork, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
Add international experience
Grab your passport and take advantage of Canada’s biggest engineering exchange program, with 81 opportunities in 30 countries.
About the Management Engineering program
Gain 2 years of experience in the co-op program
Apply directly to this program on your application
Earn a Bachelor of Applied Science degree
Engineering school in Canada (US News & World Report 2018)
Offered by the Faculty of Engineering
Students earn $17,800 on average per co-op term
Management Engineering admission requirements
- Ontario students: 6 Grade 12 U and/or M courses including
- Advanced Functions (minimum final grade of 70% is required)
- Calculus and Vectors (minimum final grade of 70% is required)
- Chemistry (minimum final grade of 70% is required)
- Physics (minimum final grade of 70% is required)
- English (ENG4U) (minimum final grade of 70% is required)
- Admission averages: Individual selection from the low 90s
- An Admission Information Form is required
- Not studying in Ontario? Search our admission requirements database
First-year Management Engineering courses
September to December
January to April
MSCI 100B - Seminar
GENE 123 - Electrical Circuits and Instrumentation
MSCI 261 - Engineering Economics: Financial Management for Engineers
MATH 118 - Calculus 2 for Engineering
PHYS 125 - Physics
MSCI 121 - Introduction to Computer Programming
MSCI 131 – Work Design and Facilities Planning
After first year
- See the range of courses available in Management Sciences/Engineering.
- View all the courses required for your degree.
Sample upper-year Management Engineering courses
Gain relevant work experience through co-op
By alternating school terms and paid co-op work terms throughout your degree, you can explore new career areas and types of employers as your career interests evolve.
Sample co-op job titles
- Solutions Developer Intern
- Engineering Student - Design Projects
- Electrical Engineering Student
- Professional Services Consultant
- Business Analyst, Transportation
Sample co-op employers
- RCM Technologies Inc
- Rogers Communication Inc.
- Magna International Inc
- NexJ Systems Inc
- Canadian Tire Corporation
Careers in Management Engineering
- Area Manager, Amazon Canada
- Transportation Designer, Associated Engineering (Ont.) Ltd.
- Software Developer, Butterfly Energy Systems
- Supply Chain Analyst, Loblaw Companies Limited
- Real Estate Analyst, Deutsche Bank
- Technical System Analyst, RBC Financial Group
- Growth Hacker, Gumstix Inc.
- Salesforce Consultant, Belmar Consulting Group
- Business Analyst, Deloitte
- Implementation Success Officer, Chalk.com Inc.
Possible professional designation
Learn more about Management Engineering
- Visit the Management Engineering website