Information for September 2020
This information applies to students who are completing the Recreation and Leisure Studies program on a part-time basis (two or fewer courses per term).
Before June 30, 2020: Prepare for course selection
- Assess which courses you’ll need to take to complete your degree. Review the Undergraduate Calendar degree requirements for the program you’ve been admitted to (Recreation and Leisure Studies, Recreation and Sport Business, Therapeutic Recreation, or Tourism Development).
- If you're entering first year as a part-time student coming straight from high school, contact your academic advisor for assistance with course selection.
- If you're transferring from a university or college with advanced standing (transfer credits), read your Transfer Credit Letter, then:
- Check your Transfer Credit Letter against the required courses - refer to the University of Waterloo course equivalent that was assigned to your original course (as indicated on your Transfer Credit Letter).
- You'll be now be able to identify which requirements you’ve already met, and which courses you still need to take.
- Review the Undergraduate Calendar course listings to identify other courses that interest you.
- Once you’ve determined which courses you need to take to complete your degree, and have identified the courses you’re interested in taking, email or phone your academic advisor to book an academic advising appointment. During this appointment, your advisor will assist you in determining which courses you should request for the fall term.
Between June 30 and July 7, 2020: Request your courses
You can view your class schedule starting July 15, 2019.
Important note regarding part-time studies
Students enrolled in part-time studies may take a maximum of two courses per academic term. Students must complete degree requirements within 12 years of entry into the program. Students admitted with one year or more of transfer credit must complete their degree within 10 years of entry into the program.