What’s an Employer Information Session (EIS)?
An EIS is an on-campus recruiting event hosted by an employer looking to hire Waterloo students directly into their organization, and is hosted in partnership with Co-operative Education & Career Action (CECA) at the University of Waterloo.
Why you should attend:
- Learn about potential job opportunities and the work you would do in the fields targeting your academic program
- Connect directly with employers in a networking environment
- Practice and apply your networking skills with employers
- Discover employers' workplace culture
- Gain insight into the hiring process (interview information and preparation)
- Learn from the experiences of past co-op students and alumni who work for the employers
- Support informed decision-making and increase job fit and job match success
NOTE: Remember to wear business attire to all EIS, unless told otherwise
EIS are target-specific
- By program discipline,
- student type (co-op and graduating), and
- student level (junior, intermediate, senior, masters, and PhD)
- Check the EIS calendar for specific details of the EIS you plan to attend to ensure the program disciplines, student type, and levels being targeted cater to your needs
- View the EIS calendar for a listing of the EIS booked to date. Be sure to check the calendar frequently for new EIS being hosted, and changes to existing EIS
- Register to attend a specific EIS by clicking on the EIS you want to attend under the EIS calendar, and then clicking on the registration link within the EIS details.
- If you registered for an EIS, and can no longer attend, be sure to cancel your registration.
- Registration doesn’t guarantee admission. Students are admitted on a first-come, first-serve basis.